- As a former Marine & Law Enforcement Officer, Matt Canovi spent years training and developing his shooting techniques.
- As an Instructor, he is committed to ensuring his students get the best training possible.
- As Matt always says “Training is Survival”.
- Email: [email protected]
- USMC military security
- 30+ Years in Law Enforcement
- FBI / NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
- United Nations Certified International Police Training
- Missouri P.O.S.T. Certified Police/Firearms Instructor
- DEA Trained (Experienced) Undercover Narcotics Investigator
- Graduate of John Shaw Mid-South Institute of Self Defensive Shooting
- Certified Tactical Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor
- B. S. Degree In Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Management
- Criminal Justice College Instructor
- Certified Criminal Intelligence Analyst
- Radio Talk Show Host on 104.1 KSGF – “The Gun Show with Matt Canovi”
- Creator of The R.E.A.L. Defensive Shooting System
NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
- Home Firearms Safety
- Basic Pistol
- Personal Protection In The Home
- Personal Protection Outside The Home
- Missouri Police Olympics Gold medal winner
- R.E.A.L. Defensive Shooting System
- R.E.A.L. Secrets of Home and Personal Defense
- 5 Stages of the R.E.A.L. Defensive Shooting System
- Concealed Carry Draw, Close Quarter Combat, Gun Retention
- Barricade Shooting, “Slicing the Pie”, “Shoot Don’t Shoot”
PERSONAL DEFENSE EQUIPMENT DESIGNER
- Detachable High Rise (Leather/Kydex) Holsters and Mag Pouches
Over a twenty year veteran of Law Enforcement and is still serving at a local agency. His time in law enforcement was spent in patrol,rising to the rank of Lt. having a squad of great cops under his command. He also served as Detective,working with several fantastic Detectives investigating everything from a homicide to common theft.
His passion has always been in Firearms training and SWAT. He was the team leader for a great SWAT team.
CERTIFIED FIREARMS DISCIPLINES
- Advanced Handgun
- Combat pistol
- AR15 & MP5
- Shotgun/Combat shotgun & bean bag
- Low light firearms training in all disciplines.
Not only is he versed in several disciplines of firearms, he trains SWAT teams on all aspects of the job, From entry of the team, room clearing, movement, hostage recovery, legal issues including application and warrant service, surveillance and counter surveillance and the list goes on. Frank’s skill as an instructor is at a level that would benefit both the novice and advanced shooters.
He not only teaches these skills, he has been in two armed encounters with firearms and understands what the shooter goes through both during and after an armed encounter.
TRAINING OBTAINED FROM
- Stratagos International
- Dept. of Justice
- Watch House International
- And many other people and facilities.
He fills blessed to have gained the knowledge and skill from some of the best warriors in the world.
Frank, who still shoots competition and shoots on a regular basis, believes in a simple truth; this truth is held by all those who carry a firearm for defense or the defense of others. If you’re not going to train, you would be safer not to carry it. Carry a rock.